– 2 lb chicken cut into pieces
– 5 onions sliced finely
– 2-3 tbsp curd (unflavored yogurt)
– 1 1/2 tsp red-chili powder
– 2-3 tsp coriander powder
– 1 tsp cumin powder
– 2 tbsp coconut
– 3 tomatoes, pureed
– 2-3 cloves
– 1 ” cinnamon
– 2-3 cardamoms
– 2 tbsp cashew nuts, ground with a little water to a paste
– A bunch of Cilantro (Coriander leaves), chopped
– Cooking oil
– Deep fry the sliced onions in oil till they are properly browned.
– Drain them, add the curd and blend the mixture with the cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms till smooth. Set aside.
– Heat some oil in a pan and fry the above masala till the oil begins to separate.
– Now add the dry powders and fry for 45 secs.
– Add the pureed tomato and the chicken pieces.
– Add some water and simmer till the chicken is cooked.
– Add the cashew nut paste and bring to a boil.
– Garnish with the chopped Cilantro. Eat when hot with rice or roti.